- Whole staff, team/syndicate/departmental meetings [Skype/zoom/face-to-face]
- Cross-schools shared sessions (COL; Kahui Ako; informal collaborations)
- One-to-one consultancy sessions – management, class teacher, specialist, learning assistant
- In-class and small group modelling, observation-feedback, co-teaching, coaching
- Collaborative planning and resource development
Resources and publications
How can you expand the quality and quantity of learners’ expression in the classroom and enhancing learners’ language acquisition potential?
- Exploring key principles and notions
- Assessing expressive and participatory student behaviours and capabilities
- Exploring methodologies, approaches and strategies, supported with classroom
- Applying / implementing / modelling relevant to current classes and curriculum focuses
A core reference text underpinning this focus is: van Hees, J. (2007) Expanding oral
language in the classroom. Wellington: NZ: NZCER.